Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Internet at work

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to write again to say hi and to let everyone know that things are going pretty well here. I got a package from Robyn yesterday that has one individually wrapped Christmas present for every day of December up to Christmas! They are numbered 1-25 and I have opened two of them so far:) Isn't she an awesome wife?? Of course, something of note is that now we have the MWR internet in the building that I work in, so I can walk down the hall after my shift to log on here and let you know how things are going instead of having to walk a half mile to the internet after I get done walking a half mile back to my tent. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep up with this a little bit better. I've been talking with one of my buddies from my Officer Basic Course who is stationed out of Ft. Drum about how he likes it there and how the unit is, and so far he has nothing but good things to say. He also happens to work directly for the most senior artillery officer in the Division who controls where all the Artillery officers go, so that gives me an 'in' if I do get the chance to go there:) I'm going to go visit him at an artillery celebration they're having soon here in country, so that will be cool! Robyn has been talking with his wife and a couple other wives that live there online and getting all sorts of information about the post and housing situation. We'd probably end up living on post based on what we've heard and what we'd like to try. It would just be easier only having to drive a few minutes to work instead of 25 or so. It would make it so I could come home for breakfast and lunch if I had time instead of being kind of stuck on post throughout the day like I have been so far. It would also make it so Robyn didn't have to travel very far to run errands or do something with other officer wives on Post. Things are still really uncertain because we don't know if that will even be an option for me after the career course, but it's another one of our hopes. I'm just glad that it's now December and Christmas and New Year's Eve are around the corner! That means that not much longer and I'll be on my way back home to see my wonderful family:) For now though, I'm pretty worn out from my shift and am going to go get a work out before heading to bed. Take care!

-Joe

No comments: