Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Ping Pong King

Well, I found out last night that I am NOT the ping pong king. One of the guys I work with and work out with at the gym challenged me to a few games after our work out last night. He beat me at least 15 times. I won once...using two paddles. I happen to be very coordinated with both hands...just not as coordinated as he is with one hand. He didn't destroy me, most games were within 5 points, but he consistently won, despite my best efforts. So, hopefully I'll be able to redeem myself a little bit tonight with a rematch. It's nice to just do something like that and not think about all the other stuff going on and how much I miss Robyn and Porter. That is by far the hardest part of these deployments. My buddy, Jim, who works for the folks at Division aparently talked to his boss about me and asked me to send him my officer record brief (tells about all the stuff I've done so far) because they are losing three CPTs and are putting in requests for people coming up soon with the Army G1 (personnel management). So, it looks like he has been talking me up a little bit and is trying to help me out with our goal to get to Ft. Drum, so that's pretty cool! Hopefully it all works out. I need to get going to try to give Robyn a call before I go get my work out on and get some rest for the night, so you have a wonderful day!

-Joe

No comments: