Thursday, January 1, 2009
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year everyone:) It's 2009 where I am...still 2008 there for another 6 or 7 hours. I hope you all have as nice a time for your New Year's eve celebration as I have. I was planning to go to the gym after my shift, but Robyn convinced me to hang out with the other officers that were doing "cigar and movie" night. We all sat outside around a computer and smoked cigars and drank 'near-beer' and laughed at the movie, "The Big Lebowski". Major Frawley I think spoke it true when he said, "Well gents, if I can't be with my family tonight, there's no other group I'd rather spend this new year's with. Happy New Year." We all toasted to that, and then went on to watch the movie. It's neat the way that the Army and the guys we end up working with become a sort of second family. I think it's something most folks can't understand unless they're a part of it. It's just another one of the reasons that I plan to stay in the Army for a long time to come. I'm off to bed and I hope you all have a great 2009!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment