Sunday, March 6, 2011

field trip

Well,

I got assigned as an investigating officer for what's called a 15-6 investigation. They do these whenever someone has a bad accident, or in my case, loses something very valuable and sensitive in nature. So, I have to hand off my duties to my NCO for a couple days and go interview a bunch of people about what they know and what they're roll was in the loss of the item. It takes precedence as my primary duty now, and I'm the only one in the BN Staff that can do it because I'm the only one that outranks the company commander...besides the two majors...and they aren't about to do it. So, field trip for me! I'll make sure to take some pictures and some day...maybe I'll get some pictures up on here. Hopefully I'll be able to get to the bottom of this thing kind of quickly so I can get back and catch up on the real work I have to do. I'm just looking forward to being the commander so I don't have to do these silly staff tasks. I know there will be a plethera of other retarded things to take care of, but it will be nice to be off of staff! Only another two months! On another positive note, they are telling me that I don't have to take leave before I take command, so that rocks! I'm slotted for Sept-Oct right now, so Hawaii here we come:) Hopefully I'll be able to avoid losing stuff like the company I have to go investigate...just crappy circumstances trying to changeover property at the same time as trying to learn a new AO and get ready to bring the fight to the bad guys. I don't think I'll have the same challenges since my platoons aren't really going outside the wire...they just man the guns on 4 different FOBs and provide artillery support where it's needed. Anyways, I have to get going, so more to follow when I get back from my field trip;)

No comments: