Hi all,
I just got done with my shift and wanted to update you all on what I've been up to. I decided a little over a month ago that I was going to start powerlifting again to compete in a competition they have in the gym here on the FOB. Every month they have a 1000 lb. club competition, or Superman Competition. The goal is to be able to lift a combined total between the bench press, squat, and deadlift of a thousand pounds or more. To date, they have had only 8 other people make the goal, so I decided to get on the wall. I was able to Squat 365 lbs, bench press 295 lbs, and deadlift 440 lbs for a total of 1100. Not too bad for not having touched weights since Collegiate Nationals in the spring of 2004. Anyways, they took my picture and made a certificate to go up on the wall in the gym with the other 8 guys. I am #5 out of 9 for my total weight lifted. Now that it's done, I have one other weight lifting competition I am going to do on the 22nd that is a double your bodyweight deadlift competition to see how many times you can lift double your weight. After that, I plan to get back to more cardio exercise and get ramped up so I can run my 2-mile in under 13 minutes. Things are still going well with the job and the people, so I can't complain there. I just miss my little boy and my amazing wife. I hope you all are doing well back there.
1 comment:
Please don't hurt yourself!!!!
Post a Comment