Friday, October 3, 2008

Waiting in Kuwait

Hi all,

I'm just sitting here in my tent relaxing and waiting until I get the chance to head up to join my unit in a couple days. Things are pretty good here...a little boring, but that's nothing to complain about. The chow hall is amazing! I feel fatter already:/ I'm borrowing someone else's laptop because mine won't connect to the wireless internet that they have set up here. That's a little frustrating, but I'll try to figure it out a little later. It's 2000 here now, so should be about 1200 there in Texas. My AKO email takes up a lot more bandwidth than doing this, so I haven't been able to check it so far today. I'm just trying to stay up so I can adjust to the local time and get on a regular sleep schedule as best as I can. We're supposed to be drawing the new body armor tomorrow, but I already got one from one of our injured Soldiers who was back on Rear-D with me, so I don't really have much to do tomorrow either. After that we'll have some mandatory training to go through for the day on Sunday and we should be able to join our units sometime after that depending on flights and all that jazz. Hopefully I'll be able to get my computer up and running with this internet so I can try posting some pictures and actually get into my AKO email for some things. I'm just glad that it's not nearly as hot as I thought it would be here. It's really started to cool down and has been pretty comfortable so far. I'm not sure what the actual temperatures have been, but it's just a little chilly later at night and hot enough so you don't start sweating during the day if you just stay still:) I hope everyone back there is doing well. I miss Robyn and P-nut terribly already, but watched some videos that Robyn put on my laptop of Porter and us back home and that made me feel better. He is such a little helper. Check out the videos on Robyn's blog to see him trying to help me put on the child locks in the Kitchen and you'll see what I mean:) Anyhow, I don't want to take up this guys computer for much longer, so I'll just talk to you all again a little bit later. Take care!

No comments: