Saturday, October 18, 2008

Good run this morning

Howdy y'all,

I had another good run this morning around the scenic Baghdad International Airport. I warmed up with a half mile jog until I got to the start of the 2 mile course and then I ran my two miles in about 13 minutes. After I was done I waited about 3 minutes for the NCO I was running with to finish before we jogged back to the living quarters to stretch out. I'm in the best shape I've been in since I graduated high school and it feels great. I usually HATE to run...and I still do, but I feel much better when I can do it fast enough so that I can get done quicker. In my mind, a faster run time = less time running. I've also been working on the other two parts of the Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT). I am pretty sure that I'll be able to max the push-ups and sit-ups without a problem. I think the max for my age group on the run is 13:17, the max for push-ups is 76, and the max for sit-ups is 78 I think. The test is scored with 100 points in each event with a max score of 300. If you max each event, there is an extended scale that you can score more points on for good measure. For each additional 5 seconds less than the max you run, you get another point for that event. For each additional sit-up or push-up I think you get a one for one point. So, I'm shooting for a 315 on my next test. I got a 305 on the one I took in July, so I think 10 point improvement is a good goal. Plus, the guys in my section here and I have a bet on who can get the highest score. Whoever the winner is gets bought 2 drinks by each of the other 2 guys when we get back to the states. Not a huge wager, and I'm not much of a drinker, but I hate losing a bet. So anyways, I have to go track the bad guys and make sure the world is safe for democracy so we can try to stop Obama. Have a good one and vote McCain (or Chuck Norris will get you).

1 comment:

Army Mom said...

I can't believe no one commented on this one. Maybe now Dad will decide to vote.

We are so proud of you Son. I just took a hard copy up to Dad to read.

Keep up the good work.

Love
Mom