Hi again from the dusty paradise of Kuwait. Today has been a pretty long but nice day. After getting to bed a little late last night (0230 this morning) I got up at 0630 to go get some breakfast at the Dining Facility (DFAC). Since then I have spent the rest of the day utilizing the different Morale Welfare and Recreation (MWR) facilities that they have here at Camp Beuring. I used the phones and got to call Robyn over the military phone system for free and then said hi to my folks for a minute. After that, I went and watched a kung fu movie with Jet Li and Jacque Chan in it before going to the DFAC again to grab a little snack for lunch before going back to the movie theater at 1300 to watch Disney Pixar's Wall-E. After Wall-E I went and played a little X-Box with a few other Soldiers in the MWR tent until 1600 when the movie Run Fat Boy, Run was on in the Movie Theater tent.
So, I have successfully stayed awake all day long and am very very tired from my day of accomplishing nothing. That being said, I think after this I'll be headed to dinner before returning to my tent for the evening. Hopefully after a nice shower, I'll be able to get some sleep through the night and be on track for getting my sleep schedule adjusted to the 8 hour time difference! I'm looking forward to getting to my unit in a couple days and having more of a purpose so I don't feel like I deployed just to watch movies and hang out (though it has been a relaxing vacation). That's all for now, I hope you all are doing as well as I am.
2 comments:
Lol, I just laugh about you watching movies all day! Just take this as your mini-vacation before they start using and abusing you!!
haha...when can I get one of these vacations? been thinking of you lots! keeping porter and robyn busy. :) love ya.
Post a Comment