Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Still here...not a whole lot new

Hi everyone,

I'm still doing my thing here in Baghdad. We get the Armed Forces Network TV shows on the TV in our HQ, so I've been keeping up a little with the rediculous election coverage. I don't know about you all, but I'm just ready for someone to win and get this over with. This seems like the least legitimate Presidential race I've ever seen. It's not a race over qualifications...it's a popularity contest and who makes the least mistakes when they're talking to the media. The media is screwing the whole thing up. They're digging for who's political advisors said what and talking about candidates like they're villains on both sides...not like they're both people that could be taking over our nation in the upcoming months as one of the most powerful leaders in the world. I think people have lost site of a sense of national pride and decency and what that means. Sure, people say they're proud to be American and they'll put a yellow ribbon on their cars saying they support the troops, but how many of them will get behind whoever wins the election just because they won through the democratic process and have become our president? Food for thought...chew on that and let me know what you think. I normally hate politics...and don't bother paying attention, but things are getting to a point where you can't avoid seeing something about it everywhere you look...even in Iraq. I get reports from news agencies around the world as part of my job tracking what's going on. It's amazing the amount the world is watching this election...Iran supports Obama because they think he will be more lenient on his policies. Al Qaida leaders have said they support McCain because they think that he'll lead us to fight them until they can kill all of us. They all have an opinion. That's how important it is and why I voted for the first time this year. I have to get to work, but hope you all have a great day today. Sorry for the political rhetoric.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Hey Joe,
I just wanted to let you know that I read your blog, and I'm glad things are going well for you over there. I think about you guys often. Stay safe!

Army Mom said...

Hey there,

I agree with everything you said! If at all possible, stop watching the news, unless it's Fox. The only network that is not owned by the democrats. You have more important things to think about, and that's doing your job, and protecting the idiots in our country, and getting back home to your family. Keep your chin up Son. It won't be long now.j

Love you
Mom

Jules said...

Hey Joe kid,
It's been a while since i got on here. Wanted to say I caught up on your blogs and sounds like you are in good spirits (which I never doubted). Of course I am voting McCain!!! There's a no brainer. I am sorry but anyone running for President of the United States should never refuse to salute our flag and what it stands for. That along with a long list of solid reasons is why Obama will never get my vote. I promise you that!!!
I love you buddy and stay safe.