Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Waking up to disappointment

Hey there,

I woke up this morning at 0630 to get ready to go out and shoot at the range. I was pretty excited about it even though I had just gotten off of work around 2330 last night after starting the previous day at 0730. Needless to say, I was pretty tired when I pulled myself out of bed this morning. Last night, I verified that they were supposed to leave to go to the range between 0700 and 0715. I was there at 0700 on the dot. Much to my surprise, no one was where we were supposed to meet. I thought maybe I was early...maybe they were inside somewhere waiting for 0715. Nope...I went inside and they said the folks left for the range about 15 minutes earlier than what I was told. So, not only did I wake up early to do this, but then I miss an opportunity to shoot some stuff which I really enjoy doing. So...I figure, since I'm up, I'll go get a haircut, take a shower and maybe catch a nap before my shift starts at 1000. I told the guys I work with that are on the night shift that I was going to get a haircut. They proceeded to tell me I would probably have to wait in a long line since everyone was just going to breakfast which is right next to the barber shop. I figured since I had the time, I would go anyways. Much to my chagrin...the barber shop doesn't open until 0900. Great...so now I'm just killing time, waiting for the barber shop to open so I can get my haircut and take a shower before going to work my 12 hour shift. (long winded sigh)...oh well, at least I'm not on Rear-D anymore.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

I'm sorry honey! That sucks about them not waiting! Are you going to say anything to them?

Army Mom said...

I agree with Robyn. That sucks! Do you know why they left early?

Maybe they will let you shoot something later :) I know how much you love that. You don't miss your big gun do you?

Keep on those bad guys tail.

Mr.Oszczyk's Brain Fart Catcher said...

While they did leave early...I forgot to mention later that 1SG Thomas who I knew from when he was in 43d CEC back in my old squadron took me out to shoot just the two of us later in the afternoon, so it ended up working out alright!